Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Chapter IX Hanged Man and Esmeralda

Chapter IX Hanged Man

I spent some of the most remarkable times of my life, visiting my friend Marcella’s House, and spending the night.

For a long time, I have been making a voyage to Columbus, and normally I would stay with my friend Marcella, whom I affectionately renamed Esmeralda the day I met her.  That alone is a story to be told, in part, as my honoring of a dear friend.

That morning I woke up, at Marcella’s house, only Marcella wasn’t there physically anymore, she passed away.  I was staying with her husband Rob, who was still very depressed over the loss of Marcella.

I met Marcella at one of my herbal class retreats, in Athens, Ohio.  A friend of mine, MO, told me she needed to reroof her porch, and I told her I could help her.

The grey mist draped the day, while the sky cried off and on, unsure of just how sad she and all of us were. 
Sitting at the kitchen table, after finishing the roof, I was having a cup of tea and the warn out kitchen door opened and in walked this waif of beautiful human whose expansive energy field washed in long before she did, with long, wavy, India-Ink hair, deep almond eyes, and a wry smile.

She sat down after our mutual greeting, which was a simple; ‘nod and a hey’, as if we just expected each other, our souls knew they promised to meet up at just this time, down on the farm.  That’s just how some people are when you meet, it’s tacitly understood as if you talked the night before and planned on the when, where, and how, and just arrived, right on time.

We spent hours at that table, discussing the classes, people, telling jokes and laughing.  It was the beginning of a wonderful adventure every time we conversed and shared any time together.

Esmeralda was married to Rob, who had long, bushy grey and white hair that he somewhat attempted to tie back, but his electrified hair was emblematic of Rob, going everywhere at once and not interested in being controlled ~ except by Marcella.

They were married for several decades by the time we met.

Rob would appear out of the basement (his office and workspace as an antique collector and art dealer), with several pairs of glasses hanging around his neck and a pair on his face.  He was a fit and lean man, like his wife.

The house was very Frank Lloyd Wright, Usonian style Mid-century modern, tucked back in their woods with the addition of a basement.  Otherwise, it was an open-style home, with antiques of all variety’s, paintings, books, objects of every different elemental medium, ceramic/clay, stone, wood, and metals.
One of my favorite things was Marcella’s vintage teapot collection.  Brown Betty, Japanese Tetsubin Iron Kettle’s, a handmade Katsuhisa Sato teapot, metal, porcelain, were just part of the collection.  Having tea with Marcella was ceremony.
Plants happily claimed their positions with joy as several cats negotiated their way and claimed theirs.  Everything felt as though they were rewarded with some territory in this home, among the natural teak woodwork, stone fireplace, and floor to ceiling windows wrapping the corners and opening light into the walls barely encasing the home, and yet it felt as private and secluded as a cave in some mountainous hollow.


Just after dawn, this particular morning, trying not to disturb Rob who was sitting at the kitchen table, drinking his coffee, the cats, or the watchful spirits, I grabbed my things and crept quietly into the bathroom to take a shower. 

The small olive-green bathroom trimmed in broad planks of teak wood, had floating leaves of cyclachaena xanthiifolia unevenly painted in ochre with coagulated edges and lines, randomly silhouetting the walls. I let Marcella’s brushstrokes wrap me like the perfect house guest. 

As it happens for me, a song was on repeat, playing in my mind and eventually found its way out of my mouth, as I sang softly; ‘Just walk away Renee’.

I dressed and came out to the kitchen, going for a cup of coffee myself and Rob was gently crying.  He looked up at me, and asked me: ‘Why were you singing that song?  That was Marcella and my song’, he said.

I hugged him, apologized, and explained, that is just what happens to me, while I let my open-heart comfort him, Marcella clearly there with us, streaming through.

We spent some time together that morning, talking about Marcella and then I went out to my car, to drive to the convention I was presenting at.

When I started up my car, the song that came on the radio was: ‘Take a Walk on the Wild Side’ which was the first song, Marcella played when we went out for a night on the town together in her relatively new Jaguar

I nodded to her, the universe and backed the car out, continued to go to the convention.

I arrived, the sun was shining on my Aromatherapy Booth and a few people came up to the booth and started asking questions.  We exchanged some pleasantries and I stepped into the sunlight and what came out of my mouth, were words that didn’t belong to me.  (Not little me anyway) I spoke about the sun rising and the plants stretching their stem, leaves, and petals in the direction of the sun, swallowing the light and following him all day, especially plants like sunflowers.  As I spoke, a crowd of maybe 20+ people had gathered around me, all listening to words that I never spoke before.
Because the plants know to worship that which gives them light, and that is what we distill for use in Aromatherapy, obtaining 'liquid gold from the sun'.  'ESSENTIAL OILS' The Essene's knew, Mary Magdalene, She knew and She knows, She is here to guide us now.  Ask her.

I massaged the creams onto hands and arms, gave sinus treatments and helped ease away headaches using Arc of the Ancient’s Headache roll on.


In the middle of this, a shaft of light streamed down and into me, and using my 3rd eye, I looked up through the crown of my head and could see a ‘ME’ looking down at me, but it was a golden hued version of me, which I took to be my Higher Self.  I was immediately awestruck by this vision and version and thought, wow!  That’s me!

A me I have not lived into yet.  Will I during this earthly walk in this vessel as Gloria?  I am not sure, but I sure hope so.  I really liked her.  This is my crude ability to use photoshop and create the image that I saw:


Some weeks later, I was back in town and talking to Rob, and I asked him if he met Renee yet?  (Something that was whispered inside of me to ask him) He shook his head and asked me: ‘How do you know about Renee?’
Again, I just shrugged and said: ‘Why do you think Marcella and I were friends, we could talk to each other’.
Then he responded that he had in fact met Renee online and thinks he already messed up, and why.  (He lied about his age a wee bit and said he was younger).
I told him that he hadn’t messed up at all, that was not the biggest deal and gave him a pep talk suggesting what he might do to overcome this faux pas. 
He did as I suggested, and in an email, I asked him: ‘So, when are you getting married?’ He called me on the phone and asked me again, ‘How do you know we are getting married?”

Marcella left this earthly world on July 22nd, 2007.  That is Mary Magdalene’s Feast Day.  Of course, she would leave on one of the most important days in the year for me.

All these years later, Rob and Renee are still happily married.  I am happy for them, and for any help I may have been in making sure they partnered with each other.

But it was Marcella that played the song, ‘Just Walk Away Renee’ from the Left Bank in my head that morning, the song on the radio in the car, streamed the sunlight directly on my booth and was the inspiration for the words that poured from me into a gathering crowd for that magical experience.  It was all transcendental and I wasn’t TRYING to do any of it.  The magical formula is that MY HEART WAS OPENED.  THAT'S IT.  THAT'S THE MAGIC.

Marcella came to me a year or so after all that happened, float standing in my living room, entertaining me, even from the other side, she is hilarious.
She wanted to thank me and let me know she was grateful that I could help her, replace her in the best way possible, for the man she loved and cared for so many years.  She told me many years before she passed, that she was afraid of how Rob would get along in life, without her.  ‘Gloria, I don’t think he could, it scares me’ She said.  He was and is, brilliant, kind, cute and funny, but in some ways, not here in the real world.  I think it depends whether he finds the right pair of glasses to look through, at the right time for the perfect perspective.

Marcella/Esmeralda, I am sure we will see each other again, some long way into a future world somewhere, somehow, of that, I’m sure.  At least, it is a prayer.

You are a treasure and a keeper.

You are one more incredible human/soul, who because you were so special and consciously aware, it helped awaken me, I am grateful and blessed that you crossed my life again and helped me find my way.   I feel the grace that heaven has gifted me with, You and the other souls, lights, that I am so fortunate to have experienced, known, walked with for a time. My heart hurts that I won’t see you again in the physical world in this life, never get to hug your tiny frame and worry I could break you in two (I can see her giving me one of her looks now, like: ‘Oh, I won’t break, believe me!’) You were and are exquisite, just the best.  Thank you so much for gracing my world.

A Hanged Man is upside down and enlightened.  Looking at things from the ‘other side’ in a ‘reverse’ manor and finally can SEE THE TRUTH THAT IS ALL AROUND HIM, IF ONE HAS THE EYES TO SEE’.  Please take time and have a cup of nice tea for yourself now, think about.


Here's to you, Marcella/Esmeralda.
What a treat, a treasure, and a gift you were and remain to me.
Until we meet again.

These experiences are just a few, as written in this book, that I have been blessed with, as LIVING PROOF of the many worlds around us, and that this life, is one in a long karmic wheel of lifetimes.  I am BLESSED.







And when I see the sign that
Points one way
The lot we used to pass by
Every day
Just walk away, Renée
You won't see me follow you back home
The empty sidewalks on my block
Are not the same
You're not to blame
From deep inside the tears that
I'm forced to cry
From deep inside the pain I
I chose to hide
Just walk away, Renée
You won't see me follow you back home
Now, as the rain beats down
Upon my weary eyes
For me, it cries
Just walk away, Renée
You won't see me follow you back home
Now, as the rain beats down
Upon my weary eyes
For me, it cries
Your name and mine
Inside a heart upon a wall
Still finds a way to haunt me
Though they're so small
Just walk away, Renée
You won't see me follow you back home
The empty sidewalks on my block
Are not the same
You're not to blame
Songwriters: Bob Calilli, Tony Sansone, Mike Brown. 

https://youtu.be/qDfrW5cWqMU?si=O9p_t0cFp16nU4iz


This is one chapter of my book, "Alchemy of the Soul, the Ar  of the Ancient's".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, we'll get back to you asap. Please take a moment to subscribe, never miss an update!